Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Maternity wears DIY

 I don't know about any of you, but I find it incredibly hard to find cute, affordable maternity clothes! Everything is either a choice of gray, black or purple or its straight from 1990. So, I've decided if I'm going to wear something that fits my style and pocket book I'm just going to have to make it myself! Which is really my favorite route to take anyway.
  So, I'm a bit nervous about posting pictures of myself, I'm more comfortable behind the camera than in front but I wanted to show off some of my maternity clothes that I've made, so here it goes, outfit number one: (I apologize if you can see the discomfort in my face!)


Kimonos are one of my favorite summer staples! I have about a bazillion plain tank tops and tshirts and these are the perfect way to dress those up. They are light and flowy, and look good with shorts or skinny jeans. This one I made myself with some fabric I purchased for about $6, but I've also made them from a scarf, which took about half an hour to put together. All you do is fold the scarf in half, sew an 'L' shape on each side for the sleeves, cut up the center, hem, and presto! You have a kimono! Try it.


The shorts are not maternity but they have stretchy waist and are SOOO comfy! I bought them a few years ago from Etsy.


My shoes were about $10 at Target a few years back and I hand painted the design on them, I just used acrylic craft paint and they have looked perfect since! I love, love, love Targets canvas flats! They are cheap enough I don't mind buying a new pair every few years and they are perfect for personalizing.

 So there you have it. I hope you enjoyed my not so fashionable fashion tips! More to follow in the next few months!

 ~Merry

No comments:

Post a Comment