Saturday, August 30, 2014

The Fashionable Lionheart

  The town I live in here in mid-Missouri has a population of just a little over 200. The next town over is about 3000, as you can imagine we don't have a lot of options when it comes to shopping. Pretty much the only place to buy baby and kids clothes is Carters or Children's Place, now don't get me wrong, I love those as much as any other mom, but they just don't have the variety, and if you don't want your kid to look like everybody else's what do you? There are pretty much two options, shop online, and holy smokes are there some super cute handmade kids clothes out there! Or, option number two: D.I.Y. The latter is the route I usually take, baby clothes are pretty small and don't take much fabric and the possibilities are literally endless! In the future I hope to post a few patterns, but for now here's a few I've done.
1.                                                                               2.
                                           3.
The first one was super easy, just use fusible webbing to iron on any design to a onsie, draw in the rest with a sharpie and you're golden! The other two I made up myself.
Thanks for letting me share!

~Merry

No comments:

Post a Comment