Saturday, August 9, 2014

DIY Painted flower pots

Apparently tiny window gardens are all the rage right now, especially little cacti. Maybe because the are so easy to grow. So, in order to not blend in with the crowd too much you have to personalize yours! Today, I will show you how I hand painted some terra cotta pots for my plants. I like to use the clay pots because they are super cheap and easily customizable. Here we go!
Step one: gather your materials.
1. assortment of clay pots
2. small paint brush ( not too small, about 1/2 - 1 inch)
3. masking tape
4. round price stickers
5. All purpose paint ( I like to use Martha Stewart's multi-surface craft paint )
6. chalkboard paint
Step two: Tape off the design you like. For mine I did triangles with the masking tape, polka dots with the price stickers and I also made one with chalkboard paint so I could write on it. If you are painting just the rim be sure to tape under the lip of the pot so it has nice clean lines.

  Once you have your design taped off, paint the area not taped. Let it dry for about an hour and then apply a second coat. Let it dry completely before removing the tape. I would recommend several hours.
Step three: Remove the tape, add your plant and enjoy!
~Merry

No comments:

Post a Comment